Streamline your next project with a design-build solution from Big R Bridge.
Providing design build solutions is not a new concept for us, in fact we have been designing and fabricating customized bridges for over 45 years. Whether it be a large scale P3 project or a small county road our experienced group of engineers can help create a solution that is within budget, accelerates the schedule and gives the client the aesthetics/end results they are looking for.
What is design-build?
Design-build is an integrated approach that delivers design and construction services under one contract with a single point of responsibility. This system is used to minimize the project risks for the owner and tighten the delivery schedule by overlapping the design and construction phases of a project.
Do it for much less than you’d think
As your design-build partner, we’ll flatten the process and reduce your need for specialized, and costly, site-built bridge construction companies. Our in-house engineering team is licensed in 44 states and we have over 20 bridge solution professionals ready to serve you. Plus, we have the facilities to build large projects in a factory controlled environment. Bridges are often installed in just one or two days.
How does the project owner benefit by working with Big R?
- Faster Delivery: Collaborative project management means work is completed faster and with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings: An integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation.
- Better Quality: Design-builders meet performance needs and not just minimum design requirements – often developing innovations that result in a better project.
- Simplified Communications: Only one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule, and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden: Owners can focus on the project rather than managing separate contracts.
- Reduced Risk: The Big R design-build team assumes additional risk.
How do project partners benefit?
- Higher Profit Margin: An integrated team is fully and equally committed to controlling costs.
- Decreased Administrative Burden: Design-build streamlines communication between designers and builders.
- Increased Market Share: More and more owners are choosing design-build as the preferred project approach.
AIL’s custom design/build Prefabricated Steel Bridges are economical and efficient choices that ship and install easily for permanent or temporary applications.
Bridge Abutments, Headwalls and Wingwalls
Our Vist-A-Wall MSE Structural Wall Systems and Bolt-A-Bin System create cost-effective on-site abutments and walls for infrastructure applications.
Grade Separations, Overpasses and Underpasses
Choose our deep-corrugated Ultra•Cor and Super•Cor Arches and Box Culverts for larger applications. Choose Bolt-A-Plate for medium and smaller ones.
From the smallest trail bridge to expansive enclosed urban pedways, we have prefabricated pedestrian bridge solutions for virtually every application.
These historically-proven, cost-effective systems have minimal equipment and labor requirements and are easy to install with local crews and equipment. They adapt well to curves, angles and steps, and some can reach heights of over 100'.
Sound Barrier Walls
Our lightweight and easy-to-install Sound Wall Systems are engineered for maximum noise reduction of environmental or ambient noise such as road, rail or industrial noise.